Sandro Rafanelli (born in Pistoia, 1975) studied at the University of Florence (Italy) and works as analyst/software engineer and fine art photographer, he is chief of the cultural association PhotoCompetition (www.photocompetition.it
), writes for the blog BecauseTheLight (becausethelight.blogspot.it
), a study of photography with reports and thoughts on communication and reading of photographs.
His works received awards on national contests: winner of 'Confini 09' in 2011, 'Self Portrait' of Obiettivo Reporters 2012, Fofu 2012, Rosso Piccante 2013, premio Galleria Spazio23 in Genova and Circuito Off PhotoLux Festival 2013 in Lucca.
His photographs were exhibited in Rome, Milan, Genoa, Turin, Florence, Arezzo, Lucca, Cosenza, Venice and London.
He lives and works in Florence.
Exhibitions, Awards and Publications
- Carrara, 18 october - 16 november, Exhibition of the series 'Invisible Islands' at the group exhibition 'Storie di nuova bellezza' at the Spazio23 Gallery in Carrara, curated by Piera Cavalieri.
- Florence, 25 october - 5 november, Exhibition of the series 'Invisible Islands' at the group exhibition Real-Surreal at the Merlino Bottega d'Arte, curated by Marina Volpi.
- Milan, 19 september - 19 october, Exhibition of new prints of the series 'Silent Cry' at Fondazione Isacchi Samaja Onlus, curated by Paola Tomasi
- Milan, 12 - 21 september, Exhibition of the series 'Invisible Islands' in Unpainted Event group exhibition at ArtMeet Gallery, curated by Michela Pisanu
- Florence, 26 february, an evening meeting dedicated to the presentation of my recent photographic works at Percezioni Fotografiche.
- Pistoia, 30 november, an evening meeting dedicated to the presentation of my recent photographic works at Circolo Fotoamatori Pistoiese.
- Florence, 18 november - 2 december, Exhibition of 'the Portrai of Poet' at Dolce Vita.
- Fucecchio (Florence), 13 october - 4 november, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' at Fofu 2012, Festival of Photography in Fucecchio
- SPECIAL MENTION of the national contest Fofu 2012, Festival of Photography in Fucecchio (Florence), with 'Phantasmagoria'
- Milan, 13-30 june, Exhibition of 'Portrait of Poet', curated by Sara Munari, Obiettivo Reporter
- WINNER of the national contest 'Self Portrait' by Obiettivo Reporter with 'Portrait of Poet'
- Lucca, Official selection of 'Phantasmagoria' at Portfolio dell'Ariosto in Castelnuovo Garfagnana
- Florence, 27 may - 5 june, Exhibition of 'Silent Cry'
- Trieste, 18 april - 11 may, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' with Confini09, curated by Fulvio Merlak, Sala Fenice
- Genoa, 23 february - 8 march, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' with Confini09, curated by Clelia Belgrado, VisionQuest Gallery
- Milan, 16 january - 3 february, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' with Confini09, curated by Leonardo Brogioni, Polifemo Fotografia
- Rome, 10-20 november, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' with Confini09, curated by Maurizio Chelucci, MassenzioArte (1)
- Turin, 15-30 september, Exhibition of 'Phantasmagoria' with Confini09, curated by Fulvio Bortolozzo, FusionArt Gallery (1 - 2 - 3 - 4)
- WINNER of national artistic photography contest Confini 09 with 'Phantasmagoria'
- Florence, 31 march - 15 april, Exhibition of 'Florence, the night' at University of Architecture of Florence (1 - 2 - 3)
- Venice, february, Group exhibition at Candiani (1)
- London, Group exhibition in 'Magnificent Maps' at British Library
- Florence, 8-10 october,, Exhibition of 'the Distance' in PrivateFlat #6Festival 'Brucia Babilonia'
- Rome, Video of 'Little lives' at Officine Fotografiche
- Lucca, Official selection of 'the Distance' at Portfolio dell'Ariosto in Castelnuovo Garfagnana
- Florence, 24 january - 5 february, Exhibition of 'Silent cry' at Caffè Storico 'Giubbe Rosse' (1 - 2 - 3 - 4)
- Rome, Video of 'Silent cry' at Officine Fotografiche
- Arezzo, Group exhibition at Arezzo & Fotografia
- Rome, Official selection of 'Silent cry' at FotoLeggendo Festival
- Book 'Città e territori da vivere oggi e domani', ed. Firenze UniversityPress, cover and 6 photos
- Rome, Official selection of 'Little weightless details' at FotoLeggendo Festival